The Panel of Speakers and Discussants of the Networking Event on Smart City Strategies and Data Revolution for Sustainable Development
- Technology should be made accessible particularly to low-income and vulnerable groups to overcome the digital divide.
- Effective governance framework among governments, private sector, civil society, and other stakeholders must be built so that ICT technology may be used sustainably.
- Developing customized smart city strategies especially for cities in developing countries where digital infrastructure is lacking is difficult as other urban infrastructure still needs to be developed. Sometimes simple techniques are more effective than sophisticated and costly approaches done by bigger cities.
- Smart city by smart citizens. Smart cities further evolve through the participation and feedback of citizens; hence communication and participation of citizens are important.
- Role of local government leaders is important. Long term vision and capacity of local government are also essential for producing tangible results over changing political structures.
- Unlocking the potential of ICT for smart cities and data-driven sustainable cities - Mr. Gary Fowlie- Smart City Strategies in Latin American Countries - Mr. Victor Vergara
Please click on the button below to see some photos from the event!